Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Welcome to lots of ramblings on Parenting & Pregnancy

Hi everybody,

My name is Daddy-O (yeah I know, not much of a name huh?).

My eldest son is 5yo, and I have 2 kids, so I considered myself a very young parent, and the fact that I'm only 31yo kinda puts me in that category as well (for those who disagree with the previous statement, let's just agree to disagree).

Even after 5 years of being parents, me and my wife still find that there are a lot of marvelous, wonderful, interesting, weird, SCARY, would-love-to-avoid-at-all-costs things relating to parenting and pregnancy to be discovered and we're merely scratching the surface of things. We also learned that a lot of information can be obtained from the cyberspace of today. Some of these information are extremely helpful, but unfortunately, some information are wrong, misrepresented, extreme, or just downright hard to understand. I'm sure a few, if not most of you have experienced this when you search for information on a certain disease/infection/medicine, you'll get websites that gives you scientific facts that only someone in the medical field can understand.

A simple example, if you look for Attention-deficit / Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD) in the CDC website, the first sentence you'll read is:-

"ADHD is a neurobehavioral disorder characterized by pervasive inattention and/or hyperactivity-impulsivity and resulting in significant functional impairment."

Call me stupid, but I have to read it 3 times to be able to get SOME idea of what it's talking about, and WTH is "pervasive inattention"??? LMAO!!! Don't believe me? Go read it for yourself here. :P And this is considered quite moderate.

The 2 main purpose of this blog is:-

1. To share our experiences, findings, research, opinions, fears, assurances, joy, anger (you may get the idea that I'm quite an emo person, but I believe I'm not), and useful general and localized information eg. one of my pet project I'm looking forward to start is to compile a list of good, reliable, and trusted confinement ladies recommended only by my good friends, for the benefit of readers of this blog from Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, and possibly other parts of the world, as some of the good confinement ladies I met were actually flown to other countries upon request LOL!

2. Equally as important, for YOU, the readers, to comment and share about your experiences and knowledge for MY benefit, ;P, and the benefit of others, of course.

I hope that this will be a place where, parent(s), parent(s)-2-be, or anyone who's interested in any topic discussed herein, can encourage and help each other throughout this long, exciting, rewarding, and at times challenging and very difficult phase of our lives.

Oh yeah, I will at times post things that are unrelated, classified as Random Ramblings. This may include things such as movie reviews, cd reviews, a piece of interesting news etc that are totally unrelated to parenting and pregnancy.

The next 2 posts will be about myself and why I'd rather remain anonymous. So do read on and learn more about me.

Cheers,
Daddy-O


TOP OF PAGE

1 comments:

Cord Blood Bank said...

My friend and I have been talking about this particular subject, this is great site and nice text. I will add to my bookmarks, Thank you.

Post a Comment

 
.nobrtable br { display: none } .nobrtable p { margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px;}